The SRIS Law Group defends clients charged with reckless driving regularly before the different traffic courts in Virginia.
Two of most regularly charged reckless driving offenses in Virginia are reckless driving by speed and reckless driving general.
Please seriously consider calling our firm if you have been charged with reckless driving in Virginia. We have client meeting locations in Fairfax, Richmond, Loudoun, Lynchburg, Fredericksburg, Prince William and Virginia Beach.
Fairfax Va Divorce
Virginia 46.2-862 Reckless Driving Statute
§ 46.2-862. Exceeding speed limit.
A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit or (ii) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit.
Virginia 46.2-852 Reckless Driving Statute
§ 46.2-852. Reckless driving; general rule.
Irrespective of the maximum speeds permitted by law, any person who drives a vehicle on any highway recklessly or at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person shall be guilty of reckless driving.
Virginia 46.2-865 Reckless Driving Statute
46.2-865. Racing; penalty.
Any person who engages in a race between two or more motor vehicles on the highways in the Commonwealth or on any driveway or premises of a church, school, recreational facility, or business property open to the public in the Commonwealth shall be guilty of reckless driving, unless authorized by the owner of the property or his agent. When any person is convicted of reckless driving under this section, in addition to any other penalties provided by law the driver’s license of such person shall be suspended by the court for a period of not less than six months nor more than two years. In case of conviction the court shall order the surrender of the license to the court where it shall be disposed of in accordance with the provisions of § 46.2-398.
Most people are shocked that if you do donuts in a parking lot, you can be charged with reckless driving in Virginia. If you spin your tires, you can be charged with reckless driving in Virginia. Keep in mind that in Virginia, reckless driving is not a traffic offense. It is a criminal offense. Virginia has some of the strictest driving laws in the entire country. Be very careful about violating the different Virginia driving laws.
Talk to an experienced reckless driving lawyer who has gone before the different county traffic courts and knows how the different county traffic courts rule on reckless driving offenses.
Our Virginia traffic lawyers can and will do their best to help you. We are a simple phone call away.
As an added bonus, the following is a federal statute you might find relevant.
The disclosure of the total of payments and the time period to repay the obligation must be equally prominent to the statement of the periodic payment amount.
(c) Catalogs or other multiple-page advertisements; electronic advertisements.
(1) If a catalog or other multiple-page advertisement, or an electronic advertisement (such as an advertisement appearing on an Internet Web site), gives information in a table or schedule in sufficient detail to permit determination of the disclosures required by paragraph (b) of this section, it shall be considered a single advertisement if:
(i) The table or schedule is clearly and conspicuously set forth; and
(ii) Any statement of terms set forth in§ 226.6 appearing anywhere else in the catalog or advertisement clearly refers to the page or location where the table or schedule begins.
(2) A catalog or other multiple-page advertisement or an electronic advertisement (such as an advertisement appearing on an Internet Web site) complies with this paragraph if the table or schedule of terms includes all appropriate disclosures for a representative scale of amounts up to the level of the more commonly sold higher-priced property or services offered.
(d) Additional requirements for home-equity plans
(1) Advertisement of terms that require additional disclosures. If any of the terms required to be disclosed under §226.6(a)(1) or (a)(2) or the payment terms of the plan are set forth, affirmatively or negatively, in an advertisement for a home-equity plan subject to the requirements of § 226.5b, the advertisement also shall clearly and conspicuously set forth the following:
(i) Any loan fee that is a percentage of the credit limit under the plan and an estimate of any other fees imposed for opening the plan, stated as a single dollar amount or a reasonable range.
(ii) Any periodic rate used to compute the finance charge, expressed as an annual percentage rate as determined under§ 226.14(b).
(iii) The maximum annual percentage rate that may be imposed in a variable-rate plan.
(2) Discounted and premium rates. If an advertisement states an initial annual percentage rate that is not based on the index and margin used to make later rate adjustments in a variable-rate plan, the advertisement also shall state with equal prominence and in close proximity to the initial rate:
(i) The period of time such initial rate will be in effect; and
(ii) A reasonably current annual percentage rate that would have been in effect using the index and margin.
(3) Balloon payment. If an advertisement contains a statement of any minimum periodic payment and a balloon payment may result if only the minimum periodic payments are made, even if such a payment is uncertain or unlikely, the advertisement also shall state with equal prominence and in close proximity to the minimum periodic payment statement that a balloon payment may result, if applicable.36e A balloon payment results if paying the minimum periodic payments does not fully amortize the outstanding balance by a specified date or time, and the consumer is required to repay the entire outstanding balance at such time. If a balloon payment will occur when the consumer makes only the minimum payments required under the plan, an advertisement for such a program which contains any statement of any minimum periodic payment shall also state with equal prominence and in close proximity to the minimum periodic payment statement:
Our law firm assist clients in VA MD MA.
When a client is faced with a serious legal issue in Virginia, Maryland or Massachusetts, then they should serious consider calling the SRIS Law Group.
Our attorneys assist clients with the following types of legal issues:
We have client meeting locations in Virginia, Maryland & Massachusetts.
Fairfax Va Divorce
Our Fairfax County Criminal Lawyer attorneys and staff speak following languages Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Mandarin and Spanish.
Due to our experience in defending clients charged with the above types of legal issues, we routinely appear before the courts in Virginia, Maryland & Massachusetts.
Our attorneys are also licensed to appear in the federal district courts of Virginia, Maryland & Massachusetts.
If you need help with certain types of federal cases, please feel free to call us and discuss your legal issue with us.