The SRIS Law Group defends clients charged with reckless driving regularly before the different traffic courts in Virginia.
Two of most regularly charged reckless driving offenses in Virginia are reckless driving by speed and reckless driving general.
Please seriously consider calling our firm if you have been charged with reckless driving in Virginia. We have client meeting locations in Fairfax, Richmond, Loudoun, Lynchburg, Fredericksburg, Prince William and Virginia Beach.
Virginia Divorce Process
Virginia 46.2-862 Reckless Driving Statute
§ 46.2-862. Exceeding speed limit.
A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit or (ii) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit.
Virginia 46.2-852 Reckless Driving Statute
§ 46.2-852. Reckless driving; general rule.
Irrespective of the maximum speeds permitted by law, any person who drives a vehicle on any highway recklessly or at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person shall be guilty of reckless driving.
Virginia Divorce Process
Virginia 46.2-865 Reckless Driving Statute
46.2-865. Racing; penalty.
Any person who engages in a race between two or more motor vehicles on the highways in the Commonwealth or on any driveway or premises of a church, school, recreational facility, or business property open to the public in the Commonwealth shall be guilty of reckless driving, unless authorized by the owner of the property or his agent. When any person is convicted of reckless driving under this section, in addition to any other penalties provided by law the driver’s license of such person shall be suspended by the court for a period of not less than six months nor more than two years. In case of conviction the court shall order the surrender of the license to the court where it shall be disposed of in accordance with the provisions of § 46.2-398.
Most people are shocked that if you do donuts in a parking lot, you can be charged with reckless driving in Virginia. If you spin your tires, you can be charged with reckless driving in Virginia. Keep in mind that in Virginia, reckless driving is not a traffic offense. It is a criminal offense. Virginia has some of the strictest driving laws in the entire country. Be very careful about violating the different Virginia driving laws.
Talk to an experienced reckless driving lawyer who has gone before the different county traffic courts and knows how the different county traffic courts rule on reckless driving offenses.
Our Virginia traffic lawyers can and will do their best to help you. We are a simple phone call away.
As an added bonus, the following is a federal statute you might find relevant.
(c) Authority of Commission. The Commission, by such rules, regulations, and orders as it considers necessary or appropriate in the public interest or for the protection of investors, may exempt, in whole or in part, either unconditionally or upon specific terms and conditions, any person or transaction or class of persons or transactions from this section.
(d) Procedures for collection.
(1) Payment of penalty to Treasury. A penalty imposed under this section shall be payable into the Treasury of the United States, except as otherwise provided in section 308 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 [15 USCS § 7246] and section 21F of this title [15 USCS § 78u-6].
(2) Collection of penalties. If a person upon whom such a penalty is imposed shall fail to pay such penalty within the time prescribed in the court’s order, the Commission may refer the matter to the Attorney General who shall recover such penalty by action in the appropriate United States district court.
(3) Remedy not exclusive. The actions authorized by this section may be brought in addition to any other actions that the Commission or the Attorney General are entitled to bring.
(4) Jurisdiction and venue. For purposes of section 27 of this title [15 USCS § 78aa], actions under this section shall be actions to enforce a liability or a duty created by this title [15 USCS §§ 78a et seq.].
(5) Statute of limitations. No action may be brought under this section more than 5 years after the date of the purchase or sale. This section shall not be construed to bar or limit in any manner any action by the Commission or the Attorney General under any other provision of this title [15 USCS §§ 78a et seq.], nor shall it bar or limit in any manner any action to recover penalties, or to seek any other order regarding penalties, imposed in an action commenced within 5 years of such transaction.
Our law firm assist clients in VA MD MA.
When a client is faced with a serious legal issue in Virginia, Maryland or Massachusetts, then they should serious consider calling the SRIS Law Group.
Our attorneys assist clients with the following types of legal issues:
We have client meeting locations in Virginia, Maryland & Massachusetts.
Virginia Divorce Process
Our attorneys and staff speak following languages Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Mandarin and Spanish.
Due to our experience in defending clients charged with the above types of legal issues, we routinely appear before the courts in Virginia, Maryland & Massachusetts.
Our attorneys are also licensed to appear in the federal district courts of Virginia, Maryland & Massachusetts.
If you need help with certain types of federal cases, please feel free to call us and discuss your legal issue with us.